information on each few that have hitched in Scotland since and it is of good value to scientists. This guide covers:
Information Recorded into the Join
Many documents include:
- whenever, where and exactly how hitched
- names of events
- career of wedding couple
- whether parties were single, divorced or widowed
- their many years
- details of wedding couple
- title, surname and career of dad
- Maiden and name surname of mom
- signature of witnesses
- in which the wedding was registered and signature of registrar.
In entries you can expect to additionally find information on the area and date of delivery of both parties; the sheer number of any children by previous marriages (whether living or dead); plus the wide range of prior marriages (if any).
From onwards the date of delivery of both parties, details of witnesses and professions associated with the moms associated with wedding couple happens to be recorded.
Below are a few samples of how a Statutory enter of Marriages will allow you to carry on your quest within the delivery, death, census and marriage documents.
- age at wedding allows you to estimate the year of delivery
- names of both moms and dads’ (like the mom’s maiden name) could be used to ensure that you recognize the correct birth entry
- typical residence pays to for narrowing down searches when you look at the nearest census(es).
When you look at the entry that is second the example underneath the bride is referred to as a widow. (more…)